Guide on How to Clean Laminate Furniture
Have you purchased laminate furniture recently? Do you have any clue how to clean your laminate furniture? Well, different furniture has distinct ways of cleaning and maintaining. Fortunately, laminate furniture is easy to clean and maintain. It is also resistant to stains and scratches, making it durable and an excellent alternative to wood as home and office furniture.
Many businesspersons looking for less costly office furniture with decorative features consider laminates. They are not just good for businesses – even residential homeowners love laminate furniture. The good about this type of furniture is that there are types of laminates with different applications.
Understand How to Clean Laminate Furniture
General cleaning can increase the lifespan of laminate furniture remarkably. Simple things like scrubbing tough stains, wiping grease, and blowing away dust will keep your laminate furniture looking beautiful longer. Apart from immediate spot cleaning whenever you spill something on the furniture, you can create a weekly routine for cleaning your laminates. Twice or thrice a week should do the trick.
How to Clean & Maintain Laminate Surfaces
Here are three ways on how to clean laminate furniture:
Clean the surface using water
- Mix water with mild soap
Add 15 ml of mild liquid soap to a liter of clean, warm water. Dip a clean, lint-free piece of cloth in the water and let it soak water until it is evenly damp. Wring the cloth and wipe your laminate surface. Keep wiping the surface until it’s spotlessly clean
- Rinse the surface
Residue remains on the surface after wiping it using mild soap and warm water. Thoroughly rinse your cloth and use clean, warm water to rinse the surface. Don’t put soap again in the water you are using to rinse.
- Dry the furniture
Use a dry fluff-free cloth to dry the surfaces you’ve cleaned.
Regularly dust your laminates with a soft piece of cloth. If it’s a laminate floor, use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust. Dusting at least thrice a week is advisable for laminates that are not so much exposed to dust. Laminate floors should be dusted daily, especially where there is heavy foot traffic. Use a soft-bristled broom to dust the floor.
Grease and oil stains are often stubborn when left to dry on a laminate surface. Cleaning using a damp cloth or dusting cannot remove such stains effectively. You have to scrub the surface using a brush. But you should be careful with the kind of brush you use. Hard scrubbers may leave scratches on the surface, making it dull and easy for spills to stick.
Here is how to remove stubborn stains by scrubbing:
- Mix baking soda with vinegar. A tablespoon of each will do. Add a little water to make a thick cream.
- Use a damp lint-free cloth to apply the solution directly on the stains. Allow it 5 minutes to react with the stains. Then use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the stains until they come out.
- Rinse the spot with warm water. Be sure to wipe all places you applied the solution.
- No water should be left on the surface. So, use a dry towel or soft cloth to dry the surface.
- Don’t expose your laminate furniture to sunlight to dry them. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight causes fading.
- Don’t use abrasives to clean your laminate furniture. They will leave scratches on the surface and make it easy for spills to soak into your furniture.
- Laminates warp when exposed to excess moisture. Always find a proper way to rid your laminates of excess water. We advise using a dry soft lint-free towel.
- Don’t be tempted to use a bleaching agent or other strong cleaning chemicals to remove tough stains from your laminates. You’ll end up with discolored surfaces.
That’s best practice on how to clean laminate furniture. It’s that simple and assures longevity if you are into laminate furniture.
Where to Buy Laminate Furniture
Finding where to buy laminate furniture isn’t a problem. There are so many laminate furniture dealers in Miami. But the challenge comes when you look to find a dealer you can trust and count on for laminate furniture solutions. Note that not all laminate furniture is suitable for your business.
A reliable supplier will advise you on the right furniture for your business. That’s where Office furniture Online comes in handy. We can guide you on the right furniture and workspace design fit for your business if you, for instance, plan on starting a company. We have different laminate furniture solutions that match your unique requirements.
We Provide You with a Rewarding Buying Experience
Having the right business furniture goes a long way into keeping your employees comfortable at work and boosting productivity. Homes also require aesthetically appealing and comfortable seats. Partnering with Office Furniture Online to be your office furniture provider is a bold step towards ensuring proper office ergonomics at your business. We have a solution for you whether you are looking for furniture for your media house, clinic, hotel, etc. Reach out to us.